Re: Clearing SWAP

2008/5/9 Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com>:
> Adobe, photoshop Elements... She really doesn't like Gimp. And my scanner (
> Epson Perfection 4180 ) never worked under Linux.

This is what I got back from Epson:

"""
Thank you for contacting the Epson Connection.

While Epson makes drivers for our products in Windows and Macintosh
environments, we do not have any information on drivers which might work
with Unix/Linux platforms, or companies that might design such software.

Third party Unix/Linux solutions for Epson products can be found from the
following website link.

http://www.epsondevelopers.com

WARNING: All information available from www.epsondevelopers.com is not
supported by the Epson Connection, and offers no support of any kind.
"""

I suggest that other list members contact them and let them know that
even if Linux software is free (as in beer), we still pay for our
hardware. If they want our business, they must support our systems.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il