Re: sound?

On Tue May 6 2008, Bob McGowan wrote:
> Since some of your programs produce sound and some don't, it could be a
> configuration problem with them.  Perhaps they are pointing to something
> that doesn't exist?

that is a possibility.. though why they would have changed is another issue...

> Other than that lame thought which I expect you've checked, I have no
> more ideas.
Since I upgraded to Lenny, MOST things seem to be working again.. including
vlc, mplayer, banshee.. I think things got corrupted and they were pointing
to a non-existing driver, but I'm NOT SURE :) and it wasn't a lame idea,
sometimes we tend to overlook the obvious, I know **I** do:) all help is much
appreciated!
I was able to get:
x$ uname -a
Linux paulandcilla 2.6.22-3-686 #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 20:20:49 UTC 2008 i686
GNU/Linux

2.6.22-3 working with my NVIDIA driver, so that makes me really happy! as soon
as my wife gets her new laptop setup, and leaves me and my desktop alone,
I'll probably upgrade to 2.6.24-1-686. I have the image, I just wasn't able (
ran out of time) to get nvidia working correctly..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800