Re: Errors on upgrading from etch to lenny

On 3-May-08, at 2:07 PM, Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:28:33 -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:

May I ask how to resolve errors (sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned
error code 1) about

exim4-daemon-light
at
exim4
bsd-mailx
mailx

as the result of upgrading i386 from etch to lenny. Can't find which
program is affected (mail from gnome, ssh, in situ compiled graphic
programs, programs driven by wine, all OK).

We need to see the complete error message; the part that you posted does
not give us any clue as to why dpkg failed.

Run "apt-get install -f" or "aptitude install -f" (whichever you prefer)
and post the full output that you get.

FWIW,  I had trouble on the weekend going from etch to lenny as well.
Some of it was self-inflicted, so when I had this problem I assumed it was as well.

There was an error when it tried to configure exim4-daemon-light

My 'fix' was aptitude install postfix :-) If I'd have known it wasn't my fault I'd have filed a bug.

Brian