Need Desperate Help Installing Debian-Builder

Hi
I am trying to get my hands dirty with linux as a MS(CS) Advanced Operation system Final Project. So far i am going fine enough, but i am having a problem installing debian-builder package

i tried to install it from Aptitude (package manager) but there are lot of dependencies they have the message "unsatisfactory" or  "unavailable".

also i have no luck with apt-get. i do not know how to edit resources.list as "root", and donot know to links required to install debian-builder package

Please i beg you to help be "Fate of my course is in your hands"
Yasir saeed  (please reply at yassir_saeed@hotmail.com