Re: Debian etch kernel compile problem

also sprach Murat Ugur EMINOGLU <murat@murat.ws> [2008.05.04.1144 +0100]:
> i compiled kernel on debian etch (two times). But i have a same problem
>
> No raid arrays. No Lvm

You have not provided any details, such as the configuration and
command line used, so we can't really help you.

> ALERT /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to on shell!

Seems like you forgot to include the SCSI/SATA drivers.

"when zarathustra was alone... he said to his heart: 'could it be
 possible! this old saint in the forest hath not yet heard of it, that
 god is dead!'"
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche