usb to serial

I'm a blind debian user and therefore use a braille display.
So I need to connect it somehow.
The display is a piece of hardware that is usually connect with a serial cable, but since my new box only has a usb available, no serial I must use usb to serial.
So does anyone know of the following:

- a supported usb to serial cable for linux that works with the kernel?
(If so could you please provide a model number or brand?) Or even better if you know where I can get one of these from?
Perhaps you could show me an add on ebay?
(I had a look, but don't really understand the info and I am having trouble using my computer obviously.)
- If the kernel supports it will a software daemon (brltty) support it?

Thanks for any help,
BTW, sorry if there are basic mistakes in this writing, I only have a basic or reasonably good tts package here and no braille...

Cheers,

-- Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au>