Re: swap help please

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

The resume device is defined in /etc/uswsusp.conf.  The line you're looking
for will be:
resume device = /dev/sda8

Yes, unfortunately just changing that didn't do the trick.

just changing that line.  Perhaps some others on this list can help, as
well.

Well, OK, I did some research on google and found this:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/resume-could-not-stat-the-resume-device-file-573538/

The guy asking the question had a similar setup to me, but he broke it in the installer, not by messing with swap because he felt like it with fdisk or whatever.
Anyway removing uswsusp did the trick.
Since I used purge to remove it a reinstall of it went great. The guy on that forum just removed it and not purged it, so that is why his reinstall didn't work.
Its all fixed now, thanks for the reply though.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au>