Re: Basic bash question.

Luis Maceira <luis_a_maceira@yahoo.com> wrote:
How can I see all the messages generated by
a bash command (configure make make install,
for example) to standard output(computer screen),
and at the same time make sure that all is
written to a text file for later analysis.
It is a redirection but I don´t know how to make
both things happen at the same time.
Is that possible?With all the bash commands?

Without GUI(X),all command line environment.

I would try

some command && some command > some file

or with a practical example

weather slo && weather slo > weather

the && is the "and" command for bash

jwlockhart