Re: [OT] Zip file browsing tool

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:03:26 -0600

> On 03/02/08 15:50, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I was given a 18GB (yes GB) compressed zip file by a family
> > member, containing all kinds of photos and videos.
>
> Did they ftp it to you in ASCII mode?
>
> > The problem now is they cannot unzip it (using Mac OS X Leopard).
> > The unzip tool always exits with an error.
>
> If would *obviously* be helpful if you gave us the error message!

Sorry forgot to include the error message...the error message given by Mac OS X Leopard's zip tool was simply Error 1.

I hope it is just a bug in leopard's zip tool...I will try to ssh into his machine and try it from the command line. But hey at least I can do that...imagine if it was windows! it would have been a nightmare!

Thanks,
Amit