Re: getting gs to see ttf fonts

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:02:23PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
> I haven't got any reply to this problem. Either this particular thing
> "just works" for everybody and no body knows what could be wrong (so
> never looked), or the problem is not straight forward at all. So, which
> one is it?

So you installed some ttfs, and if you print a .pdf all is ok, but if
you print a .ps it isn't?

> Also, can anybody confirm the above problem does not occur for him?

Sorry I can't because I don't use Open Office, but more importantly I
haven't installed any ttfs which were not officially apt-getable.

How do you generate your .pdf compared with your .ps, or is it a menu
choice, which unfortunately hides all the gory details.

Also, the fonts you see on the screen are not the same fonts which you
see on paper.

Maybe someone who knows more about fonts can help, but I feel you may
need to provide some more specifics.

	* What fonts? (family - Debian Package or not?)

	* How did you generate the .pdf?

	* How did you generate the .ps

--
Chris.