Re: Debian FTP server setup questions

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:51:23PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions regarding Debian FTP server setup.
>
> 1) Having installed wu-ftpd, ps shows:

Is there any special reason you use wu-ftpd, BTW?

A quick apt-cache search brings out 11 ftpd-s or so. But amon them I
think that proftpd and vsftpd are the most commonly deployed and hence
well-documented. wu-ftpd suffers from bad reputation of past security
holes. I don't know how are things now.

I generally found proftpd more intuitive than vsftpd to configure.