Re: reliable editting of any PDF file

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Micha wrote:

Doesn't Acrobat (adobe) let one add notes to a PDF? That feature
sounds familiar.

Acrobat yes (although I found it hard to work with). Acrobat reader AFAIK, no.

You can annotate PDF files in free *Acrobat Reader* (I am using Debian package, version 8.1.2) and all annotations are saved in the same PDF file. However, some flag in the PDF file must be enabled first to allow such annotations, and this can be done only in non-free *Acrobat* (not Acrobat Reader). I don't know about any free tools to enable PDF for annotations.

Greetings,
  Tad