Re: [OT] dialup modemspeed change

On Feb 5, 2008 3:14 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Want to thank everybody for answering this, and the problem was noise on
> the line and it has been fixed by Telmex *in one day*! What?! Telmex
> responding to a problem in one day and fixing it? Yessir!

That puts 'em lightyears ahead of Qwest here in the states.  This is
day 390 waiting for Qwest to fix my phone line so I can get a dialtone
at all, and receive phone calls while it's raining outside.  It rains
a lot here.  11 months of disputed phone bills I don't have to pay so
far...I'll probably be moving out of town before they get around to
doing their job.

I'm going to guess that Telmex is a state-owned utility and not a
private monopoly?  That would explain the better service right
there...

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca