Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:01:16AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I see what you are saying. Tell me, in mutt can I have several (5-6)
> compose messages open and switch between them and the main window that
> I'm copying / pasting from?

No, at least not in a single instance.

> Also, will mutt remember that when I write
> to xyz@hisServer.com I need the From address to be xyz@myServer.com,
> and when I write to abc@anotherServer.com I need the From address to
> be abc@myServer.com?

You can set all that with those omnipotent hooks, but no, mutt won't
"remember" it in the sense that it will automatically keep doing it after
you've done it once.

> Those two features are necessary to my workwflow,
> and so far as I understand only GUI mail clients perform the former,
> while only Thunderbird (with an extension) can perform the latter.

Have you looked at Claws? It's amazing, and a ton faster than TB. I find it
neater all around. Carries no HTML baggage with it whatsoever.

--D.