Re: GTK+ E-mail App on par with Mutt?

> On 02/04/08 07:07, Wei Chen wrote:
> [snip]
> >

> > Web mail can also be a feasible solution. I use gmail to retrieve and
> > aggregate emails from all my other mail boxes. In this way I can read
> > mails from any places where an internet connection is available.
> >
> > Other merits over local IMAP include that you do not have to keep your
> > desktop machine on for all day long, which is a saving of the
> > environment, the probability of data loss on google clusters can be
> > considered smaller than that of a desktop disk fault, and gmail can also
> > be accessed using IMAP.
>
> Call me tin-foil boy, but I'd rather not have all my sometimes-
> sensitive email sitting on the servers of a company who's whole
> business is based on "grepping" files looking for keywords, and
> which has a proven track records of sharing said data with decidedly
> authoritarian governments.

I second that entirely!
And you can also call me "tin-foil boy", i have deleted my gmail account
long time ago.
I rhather pay for email service to a company who's business model is to
get paid for their services and not to poke around with one's data.
Plus, some company's use Debian on their email servers, develop and
contribute code to the community.
By the way, i currently use TB configured with imap server, when i get
the chance i will get mutt working because i heard so many good things
about it.

José Santos
debianite@warpmail.net
http://goodbye-microsoft.com/