Re: What package does my bug report belong to?

Jose Maria Gomez Llorente wrote:

> I have an ACER TM7720 (ATI Mobility Radeon 2400 XT card)
> laptop under Debian 4.0.
> When I press Alt-Ctrl-F1 from the gdm login window or from the gnome
> desktop to switch session and then come back with Alt-Ctrl-F7, the
> screen is screwed up with a mess of colors; mouse and keyboard seem to
> work fine. I have to press Alt-Ctrl-Backspace to recover the login
> window.
> What package does my bug report belong to?
> Thanks a lot.

First I would narrow down the bug a little bit more before reporting it like
this. For example

1) uninstall gdm and use startx to start gnome and see if the problem
disappears.
2) Try a more basic/appropriate video driver and see if you experience the
same problem.
3) Instead of gnome, what happens if you use a different desktop
environment?
4) Are there any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log when X is started via startx
method etc.,

regards
raju
--