Re: system boot hangs at or after filesystems check

Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:17:46 +0900 keltezéssel David S azt írta:

> Csányi Pál wrote:
>> This hang happen at /var mount point. /var has its own partition
>> which is 14 GB.

> Just a quick fix: disable checking the /var partition by changing
> it's pass value in /etc/fstab to "0".

I better leave it to "2".

> Does a CLI-invoked fsck hang when you check the /var partition?

Actually, this hang is not forever; I leave it to see how long
shall to hang and the time was about a minit or two (60-120 seconds).

So, I should to leave fsck to do the job. :)

I dont know why this "hang" happen so random?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi