Re: Building vmware workstation kernel module on 2.6.24 fails (sid)

Peter Velichkov wrote:
> Just wrote a how-to about installing vmware player/workstation on debian
> unstable with default kernel 2.6.24
> http://blog.creonfx.com/linux/how-to-install-vmware-player-workstation-on-2624-kernel

I didn't succeed with the vmware-any-any package.  'make-vmpkg -p
any-any -s -u 116 <path to file>' succeeded and I ended up with a
package named vmware-any-any-kernel-source containing the source.
However, when building the source with 'm-a a-i
vmware-any-any-kernel-source' failed with:

 gcc-4.1: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

How do I get past this?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman