SOLVED: kernel versus broadcom wlan

Celejar wrote:
[snip]

The installation runs finally into this error:
[...]
Setting up linux-image-2.6.24-b43 (2.6.24-b43-10.00.Custom) ...
Running depmod.
Finding valid ramdisk creators.
Using mkinitrd.yaird to build the ramdisk.
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00 yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00/LNXVIDEO:00
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00
yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00 yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00/device:26 yaird error: unrecognised device: /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A03:00/device:26/LNXVIDEO:01 yaird error: there were errors in this run, aborting now without output (fatal)
mkinitrd.yaird failed to create initrd image.
Failed to create initrd image.
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.24-b43 (--install):
[...]

What can I do, to bypass this error during installation on the debian sid system?

Have you ever built kernels using kernel-package before?  Have you ever
see that error?  What happens if you try to build the kernel
with kernel-package without the b43 patch, or using the vanilla kernel
building tools with the b43 patch?  Florian's suggestion about
switching to another initrd creator is also worth trying.

Right after the failed installation have I tried an update with uptitude. The update of several packages, a new linux-image-2.6.24 among them did not succeed, since the debian linux kernel came with the same weird "yaird" errors with these "unrecognised devices". For to reduce possible conflicts did I uninstall all modules, which "rmmod" could remove.

And after that action could I install the b43 patched Custom kernel.
And the wireless interface is meanwhile up and running.

This was the first self PATCHED kernel, which I ever had built
but it was not the first Custom kernel on this machine.
This weird yaird error had I never seen before.
But when searching, have I seen, that there are UNRESOLVED bugreports with it.

Maybe the removing of modules and installing the new kernel with a different kernel version running during install could be a solution for them.

If you did not get my former post, about the way, how my problem got solved now,
(and with thanks to all), then I can repost it again.

I want these details to be in the Debian users list, that others, which have the same problem, could profit from my trials when they search the web.

Hugo