Re: [Debian-User] HP print cartidge utilities...

El dom, 27-01-2008 a las 11:25 -0600, Javier Vasquez escribió:
> On Jan 27, 2008 10:48 AM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:32:39 -0600
> > "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Javier,
> >
> > > I was wondering if there's any HP application which would allow
> > > performing print cartridge alignment, and also pen cartridge cleaning.
> >
> > HPLIP, which is in the standard Debian repositories.
>
> Only problem is that HPLIP as well as HPIJS now strongly depend on
> cups under unstable (the system I use), and I don't use cups.  Seems
> like I'll have to move to cups then (for some reason, cups and lprng
> don't get along with each other in ustable any more), :(...
>
> I'll look into the hplip documentation after installing (of course
> after the whole cups installation as well), to see how alignment and
> cleaning is done...  If it's possible with hplip, then I'll keep using
> it, I was really missing cartridge application for long time, :).

It has an application called hp-toolbox that lets you perform the
cartridge alignment, as well as seeing some interesting info (printer
status, cartridge status, etc.).

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."