Re: "invoke-rc.d dictd stop" gets long time.

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:04:09 +0100
Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
> time sudo invoke-rc.d dictd stop
>
> real	0m30.055s
> user	0m0.024s
> sys	0m0.028s
>
> The same problem arises when I shutdown my box to stop all the services and the
> machine stops after a very long time.
>
> This happens after a recent upgrade in sid.

Same here:

real	0m30.015s
user	0m0.008s
sys	0m0.006s

Thanks for posting; I had no idea why my system just hung yesterday on
shutdown.  I wound up unceremoniously hitting the power switch; I guess
I must not have waited the full thirty seconds.  [As per the recent FS
thread, I don't seem to have experienced any data loss (ext3).  I
believe I did see some 'deleting orphan inode' and various other
messages on the next startup.]

Note that my user and sys times seem to be about a third to a fourth of
yours, but we see almost the identical ~ 30 second delay.

> Gérard

Celejar