Re: [OT] top posting

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:57:04 +1100
Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> [flame on]
> but we do read chronologically (in date order) and I for one hate
> having to go 3 pages down to read the answer to the previous email
> (in a threaded news reader!).

That's why you properly clip the message you're responding to into the relevant parts, and then you reply separately to those points.

> Although I do admit that if you start in the last email of a thread
> it easier to read top to bottom

The idea is that every posting, even though it is far into some thread, is to a certain extent self-contained.

> [flame off]

No reason to flame anybody.

...and down here followed lots of irrelevant, older stuff, all of which I've clipped.

--D.