Re: [OT] top posting

On 15/01/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> I am using mutt, but I believe most mail readers thread emails for you.

Actually, mutt is a pretty decent mail reader!

> All I am trying to point out is for a normal user ( ie somebody who is
> subscribed to the list), when a thread starts, you read them in date/time order
> as them come in, why seems illogical to have to scroll through stuff that you
> have just read.  The exception is of course when you start a thread in the
> middle.

No, I read them hours after they have come in, when I get to my mail.
And there are those who will read them for many months or years in
TFA.

> > Also, your mail was _middle_posted_ and quoted every message before it
> > in full. You really are aiming for the worse of all worlds, aren't
> > you?
> I believe (maybe wrongly ) that this mailing list is a non top-posting list, I
> try and conform.

This is a bottom-posting list, like every other list that has such a
rule. I've never heard of a list that specifically _prefers_ top
posting. If there is such a list, I doubt that it would be of a very
technical nature.

> if I have offended my appologies

No, you haven't offended. But you should have dug through the archive
before dragging this one up from the dead again. It's been discussed
on this list alone over 5000 times (as Michael has pointed out).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il