Java JDK install hangs.

Im new to Debian but have several years Fedora experience.  I have a
fresh Debian installation (Debian 40r4 net install) to which I am
trying to add sun-java5-jdk_1.5.0-10-3_i386.deb using dpkg -i.    The
problem starts when I'm asked to agree to the license.  At the bottom
of the license text is an "OK" button. Presumably I'm to select it but
it isn't active.  No matter what I've tried I am unable to get past
this screen.

Having no other alternatives I aborted the install. Running dpkg
--audit shows Java as half installed and suggest the package be either
removed or reinstalled.  Trying to remove it producese an error that
it must be installed first.....    So I can neither install it
properly or remove it, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.