Re: Flash, konqueror

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 22:59 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

Please keep messages on the list, preferably without cc'ing.

> 2008/12/31, chris <nws@cevnet.mine.nu>:
> > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:49:21 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> >
> >  > On Debian Lenny KDE 3.5.10, how can I enable flash with konqueror?
> >

> > Assuming you already have konqueror-nsplugins, you can try to install
> >  http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=flashplugin-nonfree for etch-
> >  backport or sid. Download it and use "dpkg -i" to install.
> >

> When I tried to install flashplayer-mozilla, i got these messeges:
>
> update-alternatives: unable to make
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so.dpkg-tmp a symlink to
> /etc/alternatives/flash-mozilla.so: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing flashplayer-mozilla (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> Setting up gsfonts-x11 (0.21) ...
>  flashplayer-mozilla
> A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
> Setting up flashplayer-mozilla (1:10.0.12.36-0.2) ...
> update-alternatives: unable to make
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flash-mozilla.so.dpkg-tmp a symlink to
> /etc/alternatives/flash-mozilla.so: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing flashplayer-mozilla (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  flashplayer-mozilla

The alternatives system apparently expects a symlink to exists where
none does. Easy to fix manually.
> Maybe i should install file from adobe site

Yes, you can do that too. Download it and put the file in
$HOME/.mozilla/plugins/  Konqueror needs konqueror-nsplugins, so you
must have that installed. Settings->Configure Conqueror.....
Plugins..... Scan for new plugins.

Have fun.