How to upgrade ...

Hi,
maybe my question is very dull, but i want to ask you - how to upgrade the entire distribution using the experimental repositories or at least some definite package ?

I've added the repositories to my 'sources.list' file and when i try to upgrade even a single package through 'Force Version' option in Synaptic,
it does force (although sometimes it doesn't do anything) the version of my package, but it tries to remove the other packages, which are not compatible and in that way doesn't update but it tries to remove the needed dependencies.

So, in brief, the question is how to upgrade properly a package (for example: gnome network manager to version 0.7 from 0.6.6) to its experimental version ?

Thank you ! And I wish you happy NEW YEAR and to be in rude health !

Cheers,
Miro