Command line problem

I am running the latest stable Debian, and my shell is ksh. On all other UNIXes I am used to getting a message along the line of "No such file ..." from the shell when I issue an unknown command, whether I use ksh or bash; on this system it doesn't happen. No message, just a new prompt.

I have tried to find the explanation in man ksh and by searching on the net, but nothing has turned up. Does any of you guys what is going on here?