how do I make a cron segfault produce a core file?

Hi,

I am trying to fix a problem with cron[1] (cron is segfaulting for some
[all?] of using libpam-mount to unlock an encrypted home directory).
Basically cron is not working, and I see in my logs multiple repeating
segfaults. strace is not telling me anything, so my next thought is,
get a core file and run gdb on it.

But I cannot get cron to dump a core file when it segfaults. Some
googling lead me to setting "ulimit -c unlimited" and restarting cron
from the same terminal, but that did not do it, cron just keeps going
like before.

I am tracking Debian testing.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Clayton