Re: bootcd - is this deprecated?

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 02:51:03PM EST, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri,26.Dec.08, 07:59:36, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Wondering if anyone has used this package to create live images.
> >
> > Or is debian-live the way to go?
>
> If you're thinking about live images of Debian then yes, debian-live
> (package live-helper) is the way to go.

Thanks!

I'm working on debian-live right now and it's a really fantastick
framework.

Only reason I looked at bootcd was that a quick'n dirty way of cloning
one's working environment to external bootable media would have been of
some interest at this point .. a bit like ubuntu's remastersys ...

But since it looks like it's a dead project and has not even a decent
man page .. I guess I won't look into it further.

Thanks!

CJ