Re: Using old diskless machine as X terminal

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:47:02AM EST, Ross Boylan wrote:

[..]

> All my options seem to involve work!

Sounds more like _fun_ to me ... !

:-)

> So far, I've spent a lot of time with nothing to show.

Not really ... at least you've gotten me (yet again) interested in this
issue.  And yes, it _is_ a bit more involved than figuring out where you
change your resolution in the gnome desktop.

[..]

> I was hoping it would be adequate as an X terminal ..
>
> Someone suggested ..  CD-ROM ..
>
> I've seen several suggestions ..
>
> PXE booting ..

Written 8 years ago .. nothing much has likely changed in this area:

    http://www.naos.co.nz/papers/diskless/index.html

Don't give up! I for one, would be curious of your progress.

HTH

CJ