Re: Hypervisor on an existing system?

On Monday 2008 December 22 14:14:06 Ron Johnson wrote:
> My system is a fully-kitted out Sid system, and I'd like to
> experiment with virtual machines.
>
> Is this possible, or do I have to start from bare metal?

While I've never done it myself, it should be possible.  The Sid kernel will
run on bare metal or on top of the Xen hypervisor.  The device names should
be at least mostly the same.  You might want to make space for domU images,
but those could just as easily reside inside the dom0 filesystem.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))