Re: Help - Getting lots of errors from functions and scripts

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 12/22/2008 01:13 PM:
On 12/22/08 12:55, Sven Joachim wrote:
[snip]

These functions seem to be defined in /etc/bash_completion.

[snip]

Maybe /etc/bash_completion contains some code that bash doesn't like
when it's called as sh.  But another question is why a non-interactive
shell even reads that file.  That's a misconfiguration for which I don't
really have an explanation.

I've had issues with /etc/bash_completion not exiting properly, and have had to rename it.

OK, I just tried renaming bash_completion and that didn't make any difference either.

Some things will work after spewing out all the errors and some won't, so it is more than just an inconvenience.