Re: Parallel GZIP

The Monday 22 December 2008 13:53:43 Eugene V. Lyubimkin, you wrote :
> Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any compression tools in the official Debian GNU/Linux
> > repositories that can take the benefit of multiple cores/cpus?
>
> pbzip2?

I profit of this thread to ask you if you see amelioration with pbzip2. I made
2 tests on file of 50 MB and the result if approximately the same time as
bzip2 (a little much longer with pbzip2 !!!) but a CPU twice time more used.
I have a core 2 duo and time give me a usage of almost 200% with pbzip2

Anyone has better results ?

Regards,

Thomas Preud'homme

--