Re: [OT]I just got a phish call!!!

--- On Sun, 12/21/08, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> From: Mark Allums <mark@allums.com>
> Subject: Re: [OT]I just got a phish call!!!
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
> Michael Marsh wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Mark Allums
> <mark@allums.com> wrote:
> >>  In the US, get on the Do Not Call List.
> http://www.donotcall.gov/
> >>
> >>  Might help a little.
> >
> > People prepared to commit fraud don't particularly
> care about the Do
> > Not Call List.  If you can't get their phone
> number or company name
> > (they hang up or give you a bogus name when you ask),
> it's difficult
> > to report them.  What I'd like is one of those
> *-codes to
> > automatically report a call, since the phone company
> has a much better
> > idea of who called than I do.
> >
> > If they're cracking PBXs, it might not help much,
> though the PBX
> > owners could be fined for maintaining an attractive
> nuisance without
> > adequate security.
> >

> Well, after I wrote, I realized my error about Asterix, but
> notice, I *did* say, "a little."  It doesn't
> hurt to be on the DNC list, even if it doesn't help so
> much.
>
> Mark Allums

We have a DNC list here in Canada too. And it does help a lot when it comes to telephone soliciting. However, I think legit charities are still allowed to call.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Laptop powered by Linux######
######Reg. Linux User #278931######