Re: Toshiba A305 S6859 / how do I control display brightness?

On 12/20/08 15:40, Nelson Castillo wrote:
Hello.

I have a Toshiba laptop [1] and I cannot stand  the maximum
brightness. My eyes hurt...
How can I control this? I've searched the web and so far I haven't
found a solution.
The module toshiba_acpi seems to be obsolete and it doesn't work.

What could I try?

Regards.

[1] http://explore.toshiba.com/printSkuSpecs/A305-S6859

On my Stinkpad T43, you can change the brightness using the "Blue Fn" key modifying the <End> key. Certainly there must be a way to do that on the Satellite.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.