Re: exim4 question

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 01:47:19PM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sat December 20 2008, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> > Uninstalling and then reinstalling software is so... Windows-ish.
>
> some of us, that aren't quite the guru that you are, may not know where all
> the config files are for any particular app. purging is easy, and it doesn't
> miss any config files..
> >
> > However, it is true that in some occasions it does help, but still...
> >
> yes, yes it does.
>
> > In this specific case, the same result should have been possible by
> > reconfiguring the exim4-config. Perhaps specifying the option to ask all
> > questions, not only those that would be shown with the default priority.
>
> specifying THE option.. oh sure.. always..
>

> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Registered Ubuntu User #12459

 The weird thing is i did reconfigure 3 times trying to get it to work even going back to just local mail only during the reconfigure but still nothing. So as a last resort i tried the  purge and reinstall to see if it was just a messed up file or something and it worked. I usually wouldnt take this approach but if as a last resort and it does work hey why not. I am
 very new to debian and using lenny so am learning as I go, thanks again for all your help!

--

LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org