Read-only USB scan

Hi all,

I have a server where there is a USB SCSI disk with lots of important data.
The only problem is accidentally people try to understand some other similar ide-scsi disk (sdb may be) as the
 first one (sda) and delete data.

I was going to find out if there is any method so that I can make a disk (a particular device) read-only. i.e in case I insert this disk with very important data, I must be able to make this disk (may be scanned as sdX) as readonly so that people are only able to see the partition, mount it and use it ratherthan try to accidentally delete data which
will result in disk reporting it as read-only

[ PS: I am not referring a workaround of mouting a partition read-only which can still help, but i want the whole disk
  to be made read-only ]

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)