Re: exim4 question

lostson wrote:
> Hello
>  I have perused the docs for exim but cannot seem to find the exim for
> dummies section. I want to use mutt and when i send i want to use my
> providers smtp server but cannot seem to find the correct section to
> edit and set this up. I do not need to setup an entire mail server.
> Could anyone point me in the right direction, thanks.

Try 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'. One of the first questions (if not
the first) is the kind of e-mail setup, select the one that says to use
a smarthost, and then provide the other relevant settings.

--
The world has many unintentionally cruel mechanisms that are not
designed for people who walk on their hands.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb