Re: Help needed with xserver (plain text)

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 12/19/2008 12:08 PM:
On 12/19/08 11:54, wix@mgssub.com wrote:
Greetings;

(Sorry about the html. Different computer, different everything!)

When I try to start gnome I get messages:

(WW) RADEON: No matching device section for instance (Busid PCI:1:0:1)
found
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
": open result is -1 (No such device or address)
(same msg repeated)
": open failed

It looks like you don't have the dri module loaded.

Thanks for the pointer! The actual module was "radeon" and it in turn caused "drm" to be loaded, and now it works!

Thanks again!
Dennis