Re: how to run debsums for 'ps' and 'readline'

On 19-dec-2008, at 12:41, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

Hi,

oneman <lists@onemanifest.net> writes:
chkrootkit is complaining about processes hidden from ps and readdir.
So I'd like to run debsums on them to test the integrity of ps and
readdir. However, 'debsums ps' doesn't work. Wich package name should
I use to check the integrity of these two?

$ dpkg -S /bin/ps

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed!

for prosperity, I will keep this onliner handy for the next time I need to do this:

debsums `dpkg -S /bin/ps | cut -d : -f 1` | grep /bin/ps

Peter