Re: LVM reorganization

~AU$200 MB + ~AU$150 controller for 10 sata ports, 1TB's @ ~AU$150

> > good call.  let's all say it together now:
> >
> >   RAID is Not a Substitute for Backups!
>
> RAID is *not* a substitute for backups!
>
> RAID saves you from localized disk failure -- in advanced RAID 1 setups, it
> could even save you from non-localized disk failure.  It won't save you from
> a fat-fingered 'rm' command, or a badly behaving kernel that corrupt your fs,
> or dozens of other, more subtle errors.  However, these can be largely
> mitigated through large does of paranoia. >:)
>
> I haven't taken a backup for over 4 years now and haven't lost any data yet,
> even through disk failures, controller hickups, and ill-advised LVM commands.
> I'm not saying it won't happen to me (or you), just that it hasn't bit me
> yet.
> --

Its a choice, the question is how much is it worth to you to loose that
data . Sounds like you are willing to loose it all, I am not :)

That said I could probably get away with a 32G thumb drive for all the
important stuff

--
I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse.
		-- Groucho Marx