Re: Adobe AIR installation

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 12/18/08 15:45, Bogdan wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 12/18/08 14:48, Bogdan wrote:
Hey,

I cannot install Adobe Air. I downloaded the binary file, made it executable and tried to run it.
It says:

"An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator"

I have flash player already installed. Do you think that might be a problem?
Oh, I almost forgot: Debian Sid / KDE

Sound like you are running the installer as non-root.

Hello,

I am running as non root. The installer asks for root privileges and after I enter the password the installation fails.
If I try to run the installer directly as root I get:

      mydebian:/home/bogdan/download# ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
      No protocol specified

      (/tmp/air.ueNQkK/setup:3084): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Sounds like someone at Adobe has Windows Disease...

Before logging out and back in as root to do the install, I'd try this from an xterm bash prompt:

$ su -m
# ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

This is getting funny!

So now , with "su -m" I got further. But hey, no success yet :)! It says:

"Adobe AIR could not be installed because another application is already being installed. Complete the first installation before proceeding with this one. "

Damn, Adobe just loves us :)!

Best regards,

--
ing. Bogdan MARIAN