Re: [SOLVED]race condition audio cards + pcspkr

On Thursday 18 December 2008 16:29, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Nigel Henry wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I "solved" it by changing /etc/modprobe.d/sound:
>
> alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
> options snd-via82xx index=0
> alias snd-card-1 snd_pcsp
> options snd_pcsp index=1
> alias snd-card-2 snd_ca0106
> options snd_ca0106 index=2
>
> And that does the trick.
>
> Needless to say I have no idea what the details of this process actually
> are, in particular why snd_pcsp is suddenly showing up after doing this
> for years...
>
> Hugo

Nice one Hugo. I was going to suggest something similar using index options,
but got distracted in replying to someone else's sound related question.

I must admit that I've never seen the pcspeaker occupying a slot
in /proc/asound/cards. Just out of interest, would you post back the output
of.

cat /proc/asound/cards

It may give me some guidance on resolving the problem I have with my Etch
install, and no sounds using the etchnhalf 2.6.24 kernel.

Nigel.