Re: Backup Image for my needs

On 12/18/08 08:07, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:33:06AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 12/17/08 22:51, Carl Johnson wrote:
"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@vianet.ca> writes:

I'm not getting after you about this, because I still don't know the
best way to handle this.  Most dependencies are a single item, so this
isn't a problem in those cases.
In the backup script:
  dpkg --get-selections > pkgs.installed.txt

In the restore script:
  dpkg --set-selections < pkgs.installed.txt
Don't you then lose all the manaul/automatic distinction in aptitude?
Wouldn't they all show up as manually installed?  It would then take a
lot of work to go through the list and mark stuff accordingly.

I don't know.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?