Re: Instructions for upgrading from Etch to Lenny?

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/17/08 14:27, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> lostson wrote:

>>>  Simple go through your sources file and change etch to lenny. Then do
>>> a apt-get update then run apt-get dist-upgrade
>>> Worked like a charm for me.
>
> No need to first manually upgrade Perl or apt?

>From [1] (Oct 2008):
* If you are running stable (aka "Etch"), you could consider
  upgrading to "Lenny" and see, if everything works fine. Currently
  ther are no detailed release notes documenting the procedure, so you
  best way to test upgrades are to:

  1. Make backups
  2. Change your /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Run aptitude update to get information about new packages
  4. Run 'aptitude install dpkg aptitude apt' to install the newest
     package management
  5. Run aptitude full-upgrade

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/10/msg00000.html

Cheers,