Re: "Industrial Grade" Debian Linux?

On 12/17/08 14:00, Kushal Koolwal wrote:
Hi,

I am using Debian for last 3 years. I have heard the term IGL (Industrial Grade Linux) quite a few times and I would like to know what all changes does one need to make to Debian's current release (etch) in order for it to be considered as "Industrial Grade"? It seems there is no formal specification regarding IGL unlike CGL (Carrier Grade Linux) which is very very formal and complex too. Some people think that it is just a Marketing Hype.

If anyone of you can shed light on this issue, it would be great.

Also, if this is the not the correct list to post the question please let me know and I will post it in the appropriate list.

Didn't you ask the same question a week ago on LinuxQuestions.org?
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/what-qualifies-as-industrial-grade-linux-689615/

Farslayer's answer seemed very cogent.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?