Re: Can't Play Online Radio Station

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 14:21:26 -0600, Kent West wrote:
>
>> Hey folks!
>>
>> I'm trying to play the radio link here:
>>
>> http://www.97gold.com/ (then the "Click here" link just under the jukebox)
>>
>> but I can't seem to connect.
>>

> [...]
>

>> Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next? Can you play
>> this radio station?
>>

> After I use the "Click here" link and enter a bogus ZIP code, I arrive
> at a page that has the gall to suggest that I install the foul
> abomination that is known as "silverlight" in certain circles. However,
> when I follow the link "Not hearing audio? Click here" instead then I
> come to a page that lets me play the stream with flashplayer after it
> makes me sit through some advertisements. (I run Sid/amd64 with
> flashplayer-mozilla 2:10.0.d20.7-0.1 from debian-multimedia.)

Hmm, I never got the suggestion to install silverlight, but I just tried
connecting on a different computer (on a different network), and now I'm
seeing the same thing you've described, and am now able to play the
stream. I'll try the first computer again tomorrow (and others on that
network, if necessary); maybe it was just a glitch today.

Thanks!

--
Kent West                           <")))><