Re: Installing debian on a logical partition (hda5)

On 12/16/08 15:36, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 02:11:56PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 12/16/08 10:38, raghu prabhudeva wrote:
Hi,

Could any one tell me how to create and install debian linux on a logical partition and boot from there.
Isn't the ability to choose the partition(s) to install to already part of the Installer?

Does he mean a logical partition as in LVM, i.e. a logical volume, or
does he mean something like an IBM LPAR on a System P or Z?

He specified hda5, so I doubt it's an LVM.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?