Re: Difference between Lenny/testing?

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> I am currently running Lenny on two laptops. I thought i had seen something on this list about how, with Lenny close to release, the "lenny" repositories are different from "testing", and if we want to keep up to date we should switch to "testing" in sources.list. But the docs say that lenny is just a symlink to "testing".
>
> Im not trying to be ultra-bleeding-edge, but im willing to trade some stability for newer packages. I thought thats what i was doing with "lenny". Should i switch to "testing" in sources.list, or am i confused?

Lenny is indeed testing. At least for now, once it's release, it will
become 'stable', and testing will point to the future release.

If you see a difference between 'testing' and 'lenny', there is probably
something wrong with your setup and/or your mirrors. You should start by
showing us your /etc/apt/sources.list file, and the packages for which
you see a difference.

--
God save us from a bad neighbor and a beginner on the fiddle.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb