Re: cupsys installation

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:11:56PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> Is there any way to install cups without introducing any of the X11
> libraries?
>
> I am trying to set this up on a headless box that doesn't have the
> resources available for needlessly running X11.

Does it pull in the xserver? It may need some of the libraries to do
what it has to do to the data (image rasterisation, etc).

Which libraries/progs are your concern. I've just gone through with
apt-cache show <pkg> and apt-cache rdepends <pkg> on some of the obvious
packages, and there doesn't appear to be dependencies on x11-common, for
example, which is needed for X11.

Is it diskspace, CPU, or memory which is the concern?

--
Chris.
======